The course aims to give all persons intending to go to sea a basic induction in safety procedures and accident prevention and to familiarize them with the employment conditions and working environment on board merchant vessels. Assessment is by direct observation, oral and written questioning and simulated scenarios.
- Complying with emergency procedures
- Prevention of marine pollution
- Observing safer working practices
- Understanding the chain of command and orders
- Contributing to effective human relationships on board ship